It's International Women's Day (March 8th) so we thought we would celebrate by highlighting some ways you can support women owned businesses...
Historically, the business world has been heavily male dominated. But, According to a 2019 report from American Express, nearly 13 million U.S. businesses are at least 51 % women owned
These lady led businesses may be popping up like groundhogs, but 88% of them are still making less than $100,000 in revenue. 88%!!!
Our ladies need our support people!!
Here are five ways you can do your part to celebrate these hard-working #girlbosses, and show your support for women-owned businesses all year long!
Shop women Owned business
- Trust us when we say, shopping on Amazon is our go-to as well, but as a female owned small business, we try to support other lady bosses as much as possible. Try to make a conscious effort to find out the story behind the brand you are supporting and choose women-led or small business when possible.
Engage on Social Media
- Social media is an amazing tool for small businesses. It has allowed them to get in front of their audience on a regular basis and has turned into an inexpensive — although time-consuming — form of marketing. The thing is, there’s one obstacle that often keeps them from succeeding (y’know, shitty content aside): the algorithm.
- This is where you come in. If you come across a business you want to support, like their posts, share their content, invite your inner circle to support them too! It’s free and easy and a little support goes a long way in the eyes of a small business. Extend your reach by using #womensupportingwomen #womeninbusiness or whatever hashtag helps.
Subscribe to their blog/newsletter - and read it!
- A lot of work goes into creating content for a brand. Show your support by reading the blog, commenting and sharing if it is interesting. You may not need to purchase from these companies today, but there may come a time when you need what they are selling and this is a great way to learn about discounts and other deals! Win - win!
Refer them to your friends/colleagues
- You may not be a tea drinker, but you may have friends or family members who are, and would love to learn about a small loose leaf tea company run by a fellow #momprenuer.
Write an online review
- Have a few favorite women-owned brands you want to show some extra love to? Consider writing an online review. Most businesses are itching to have happy customers share their experiences with the world, so make their day by leaving a glowing, but honest, assessment of their products or services you’ve purchased from them.